Campfire chicken is a delicious and easy way to enjoy a meal while camping. Here is a recipe that serves 4 people:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat a campfire or portable camping stove.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side or until browned.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and set them aside.
- In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of olive oil and the minced garlic. Sauté the garlic for a minute or until fragrant.
- Add the thyme, rosemary, oregano, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Pour the chicken broth into the skillet and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for about 3-4 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Place the chicken breasts in the skillet and spoon the sauce over them.
- Cut four pieces of aluminum foil that are large enough to wrap each chicken breast.
- Place each chicken breast on a piece of aluminum foil and wrap the foil around the chicken, sealing the edges to create a packet.
- Place the packets on the campfire or grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes on each side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Carefully open the packets and check that the chicken is cooked through. If necessary, reseal the packets and cook for a few more minutes.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the packets and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
This recipe is a great option for camping because it is easy to prepare and cook over a campfire or portable camping stove. The aluminum foil packets keep the chicken moist and infused with the flavorful herb and lemon sauce. You can also experiment with different herbs and spices to suit your taste. This recipe can also be cooked in the oven if you’re not camping.
In addition to the chicken, you can also cook vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, or potatoes in the foil packets and serve them alongside the chicken for a complete and satisfying meal. You can also marinade chicken with desired spices for more tasteful experience. Bon Appetit!