Lake Cushman is a man-made lake located in Washington state, surrounded by the Olympic National Forest. It offers a variety of outdoor recreational activities, including camping, hiking, fishing, boating and swimming. The lake is also a popular destination for kayaking and canoeing. There are several campgrounds around the lake, each offering different amenities and experiences.
- Staircase Campground: This campground is located at the base of the Staircase Rapids Trail, and offers tent and RV sites. It is a great location for hikers and those looking to explore the surrounding wilderness.
- Lake Cushman State Park: This campground is located on the shore of the lake, and offers both tent and RV sites, as well as cabin rentals. It has a playground, hiking trails and a swimming beach.
- Falls View Campground: This campground is located on the North Fork of the Skokomish River, and offers both tent and RV sites. It’s a great location for fishing, as the North Fork is known for its steelhead and salmon runs.
- Hoodsport RV Park: Located at the south end of the lake, it offers RV sites with full hookups and primitive tent camping. It’s also a good spot for kayaking, fishing, and swimming.
- Camp Cushman: This campground is operated by the Boy Scouts, it is located on the east shore of the lake, and is open to the public. It offers both tent and RV sites and has a boat launch and swimming beach.
- Cushman Lake Resort : this campground has RV and cabin rentals, which comes with features like electricity, cable TV, and bathrooms. it has access to the lake, boat rentals and swimming area.
When camping at Lake Cushman, it’s important to be aware of the local regulations and rules. Be sure to check with the campground before arriving to make sure that your equipment meets the requirements and to obtain any necessary permits. It’s also important to practice Leave No Trace ethics to preserve the natural beauty of the area for future generations.
In addition to camping, visitors to Lake Cushman can also enjoy fishing for rainbow trout, cutthroat trout, and largemouth bass. A valid Washington state fishing license is required. Boating is also a popular activity on the lake, with both motorized and non-motorized boats allowed.
Lake Cushman offers a variety of outdoor recreational activities, making it a great destination for camping, fishing, boating and other activities. With its many campgrounds, visitors can choose from primitive tent camping to RV sites with full hookups, ensuring that there’s something for everyone. If you’re planning a camping trip to Lake Cushman, be sure to check with the campground beforehand, and always be mindful of the local regulations and Leave No Trace ethics.